SHIBUYA BUNKA SPECIAL

渋谷文化茶会 其ノ参「シブヤで働こう。」〜あなたにとって、「シブヤで働く」ってどういうことですか?

Marks the third time, the theme of this of Shibuya culture tea ceremony is "tries probably to work in Shibuya." - The panelists to expand the cafe business based in Shibuya "cafe Company" representative, Kusumoto Shujiro Moto, headquarters to Shibuya "Pia" representative, Hiroshi Yanai just been transferred, and further welcomed the three "Tokyo work department" of representative Kenta Nakamura of that support people to find work, way of working seems "Shibuya to realize from each experience we talked and reflect on. " In the unprecedented economic recession continues, find a rewarding and fun to work, ... is a hint to live ish yourself

"Shibuya culture tea 其Nosan" Outline
Date and time:
2010年11月23日(火) 14:00〜16:00
Venue:
Shibuya information transmission type cafe RESPEKT
participant:
100 people

>>「渋谷文化茶会 其ノ壱」 〜渋谷の魅力を考えよう。

>>「渋谷文化茶会 其ノ弐」 〜シブヤで遊ぼう。

Panelists

Mr. Hiroshi Yanai
(PIA Managing Director)
Pioneer of students venture was launched monthly information magazine "Pia" along with the fellow in the college.
Pia

Mr. Shujiro Kusumoto
(Cafe Company Representative Director)
Including "WIRED CAFE," "246CAFE", maker of such a large number of restaurant management and space produce.
Cafe Company

Mr. Kenta Nakamura
(Tokyo work department representative)
Run a job site that was the concept of "work are looking for people who look for a way of life," "Tokyo Department Store work".
Tokyo work Department Store

Coordinator: West Tree Mr.
(Shibuya Keizai Shimbun editor-in-chief)
The management of the news site "Shibuya Keizai Shimbun" (Ltd.) star commodity Institute representative.
Shibuya Keizai Shimbun

West:其Nosan of Shibuya culture tea party is, or do not we consider the "Shibuya" as a place to work again, will be the event that. Shibuya is is unfamiliar theme image is now strongly of "playground", today miraculously "Labour Day". By all means to the end, please spend relax please.

Well, today's panelists?

"Again Shibuya is because it is integrated areas of entertainment."

West:First Pia Co., Ltd. President & CEO, Mr. Hiroshi Yanai. Mr. Yanai is launched the "Pia" in 1972, it was established pioneer of venture company two years later. Listed in 2002 on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Second Section of, Pia's the following year, which is known as a large company that was listed on the part. Next year (2011) in January has been decided to be moved its headquarters to Shibuya. Location from the Roppongi Street, Sumitomo Realty & Development Shibuya First Tower, which was completed on the right-hand side to enter the blue science tunnel. This building have decided to come moved also mixi and Groupon, IT · information industry is becoming the place to be integrated. Mr. Yanai, can you tell us the reason for the relocation of head office?

Yanai:Candidates there were various, from still Shibuya is the integrated areas of entertainment, it is a large point that feels very familiar with our work.

West:Is relocation (2011) January?

Yanai:(2010) to complete the move in December, we believe in a plan to start a new leaf work in the new building from the New Year.

"I had decided to try to work much in Shibuya"

West:Then Mr. Shujiro Kusumoto of Cafe Company Co., Ltd. President and CEO. Cafe Company's headquarters office is located at the top of this venue. Been founded in Shibuya, transferred the company in Minami-Aoyama once, it was come back in 2006. Why came back to Shibuya, Can I tell me the background?

Kusumoto:It does not mean that because the event Shibuya culture tea party of today, but the first place I had decided to try a much work in Shibuya. To Aoyama, when launching the shop called the "Cafe 246", "Book 246" on the back side of the twin towers of Aoyama 2-chome, we were temporarily relocated. At the time, I remember that the were told, "Do you flirt" in the West's, but it does not in any way why (laughs).

West:At the time, and really sad for Mr. Kusumoto has been moved its headquarters from the Shibuya area, so I thought I wonder if gone what. I'm glad you were able to come back.

Kusumoto:It was just four years ago that this ("SUS (Shibuya Universal Society)") was launched. SUS consists of the cafe “RESPEKT”, which is the venue of this time, the COOK COOP bookstore on the first floor, and the facility “SECO BAR” in the basement. In the first place, the reason for this was the development of a cafe called “SUS (Shibuya, Underpass, Society)” under the overpass of TOKYU CORPORATION (in the middle of Shibuya and Daikanyama), but the regular lease contract expired in 2004 closed. After that, we received a warm encouragement from the local people, “Restoring SUS by all means!” And opened here four years ago. So I moved to Shibuya one more time.

"Rather than a" quantitative, such as salary and benefits "," qualitative "conditions"

West:The last is a web site "Tokyo Department Store work" representative of Kenta Nakamura convey Jobs in shops and businesses in their own point of view. Interviewed a variety of companies in this site, objective but articles I have been posted, the conventional and a little different from the other hand to put even the best of companies, is that also a problem Irassharu cited properly. Nakamura, "unique", "social", "Shibuya" I have a "keyword search" such as enterprise search function of the site, do you this keyword was born in the kind of wind?

Nakamura:Keyword, rather than a "quantitative" conditions, such as salary and work areas and welfare, it shows the "qualitative" criteria. For example, "Super People". This is the meaning Tteyuu "work with amazing people", it has been attached to something workplace there are such people. "Start-up" to the other is, or refers to the work, such as witness to the beginning of the project. What work is also not the only one any, it often applies to more than one keyword.

West:I see. From where it caught on something head, it because it is one of the entrance is also possible to take them interested in the job.

The impression of "the city of Shibuya"?

"" I gave the name Shibuoyake Pia Hall, "but ..."

West:We asked the panelists to do a questionnaire on "Impression of the city of Shibuya" in advance. First of all, as "a town where live entertainment is taking root", and "I expect to see Shibuya Hikarie opening in the Tokyu Bunka Kaikan site in 2012. In the case of the naming rights of the Shibuya Public Hall, actually ..." Yauchi-san is the one who gave me, isn't it?

Yanai:I think there are many city, Shibuya is'm still entertainment of an integrated land in Tokyo. For example, starting from when I live house Shibuya O-WEST · EAST, AX, QUATTRO, there are much like 55 places attic of the long-established. Hall also NHK Hall, about 19 locations such as CCLemon Hall. Movie theater is 13. There is a lot of facilities mix of large and small like this, it has been done something every day in each.

West:The opening of Shibuya Hikarie is also expected in 2012.

Yanai:Among the “ Shibuya Hikarie ” under construction at the “Tokyu Bunka Kaikan” site, there will be a 2,000-person musical theater called “Tokyu Theater Orb”. Currently, entertainment facilities that Tokyu has been working on include Bunkamura Orchard Hall, Theater Cocoon, etc., and have the expectation that they will be further changed by adding "Tokyu Theater Orb" to them. You In addition, Cerulean Tower Nohgakudo, Matsukage Museum of Art, NHK Hall, Egyptian Art Museum, Tobacco and Salt Museum etc ... It is said that it is a town of young people in the table, but I think it is an attractive town in the meaning of entertainment and culture after all even for the generation who is not young.

West:Shibuya Public Hall of the naming rights, how do you try or Irassharu involved in?

Yanai:Shibuya-ku, in a few years ago is looking for a naming rights, actually out even if we raise your hand. Because at that time was called everyone I "Shibuoyake, Shibuoyake", I gave the name "Shibuoyake Pia Hall," but was not adopted unfortunately (laughs).

West:Now, it is a fact that is revealed.

"Gathered people in the place where there is water, information community is formed to intersect."

West:Shibuya impression of Mr. Kusumoto is "Shibuya Shibuya (Shibuya). It is a" valley "of Shibuya, that is low-lying. Lowlands to form a spontaneously gathered downtown people. Members of information and value to the hangout reservoir of tourism occurs. Therefore, a person with a new sense of values, give birth to a new business. Shibuya is always a town of such incubation "... I think that this kind of image?

Kusumoto:I'm sorry, when I wrote this, I have pretty me drunk.

West:(Lol).

Kusumoto:What I began to cafes, ten is Cat Street a few years ago, I first of. The original I Cat Street in the clear stream that has been sung in "Spring Brook", it is covered with a lid (lid) is to ditch the river, but it has become a promenade is now. To former Shibuya River is also next to the SUS had flow, has been doing a cafe in the river is much lowland. So when you think of the "likeness" of Shibuya, it came out the keyword "Shibuya (Shibuya)". Human history, but it is said that information community gathering people is formed in a place where there is water to cross, because you had fallen and the bottom is a jerk because Shibuya, I Do not will originally kind of town that I, I I have arbitrarily imagine. One of Creativity something like a born go kana from the location of such exchanges.

West:I understand. Shibuya is to have the power to create something. Its something I do not know quite, I am that there is no elusive place is in Shibuya.

Kusumoto:I think that good without elusive. It is what will change in the era era. Shibuya is also the "Fashion of the city" or "entertainment of the city", to in 2000 had also been referred to as a "bit valley", it has been the rise of "social venture" is now. Always society in Shibuya, high people accumulation of information sensitivity to the world of flow, the new action has occurred.

"Also good to come back, me to accept."

West:Ms. Nakamura "is not busy Shibuya location accept anything. There are diverse values ​​place. Leave a person, location can also enter to come back," I have taken in a Fu called.

Nakamura:When his story, the parent is transferred group, because it was transferred transferred to 1, every two years to go up to junior high school, we do not have bases that local. So Shibuya I feel that I wonder if a one of their own local. Straight penetrate easily if there is air, I think that one place where the there is a kind of diverse values. On the other hand, "leaving those who are not chased." It is so say when the cold feeling, but, "I can come back again, can you accept," we feel like are included nuance that.

West:Thank you very much.

The left of the photo is Hachiko Square, near the scramble intersection. In front of the center is Tokyu Department Store Toyoko store, Shibuya Hikarie under construction behind it. The photograph right is near Shibuya Station south exit.

From "Shibuya × work" corporate management's standpoint

"Corporate philosophy," each one is alive. ' "

West:I want to talk of the "work" is soon theme. New graduates of Pia says it was six people this year. Every year, but this position it is so, one of the applicants is there was a whopping 7,000, 1,100 times or more. Will six people who together went through what challenges have been selection. Yanai's will he cited the "how much you are able to resonate with the corporate philosophy listed is Pia" as one of its criteria. More specifically, "that is Yaritoge to effectively end the given theme." Hey it will unnerving. Then "it seems interesting that create new ones from scratch people", "to hang in there in order to please others, people that it can be in your joy." These corporate philosophy, what it explains.

Yanai:For adoption, because is why some 7,000 copies to reach the end of the interview, there is only a squeeze but not sorry. In terms of words doing something this would plausible (laughs). As a flow, is first asked to put out the entry sheet for each applicant in the application form, people of paper is lean, is, I everyone there fell. Seriously taste there is the question of whether Hakareru in the paper, but first would cut there with a thump. Then or ask them to a discussion with candidates each other, You are trying to figure out whether the suit on the idea of ​​Pia in many ways. Of course it is, but I do not know in fact, as "somehow Do would be so", that somehow because it is because is that there is a meaning in it. In, the remaining people, the end has decided me doing one of the interview several times.

West:Will to visit any place in the specific interview?

Yanai:The out of the corporate philosophy, it first is that "each individual is vividly". It is at the same time visitor If it is each and every employee, or there is also the relationship's trading partners of work, we each have to mean I think that want to create a society that everyone alive. In order that I be alive it is, so it does not hold unless and also lively opponent.

Kusumoto:The word "lively" and "individual". It is strong and the same words overlap twofold.

Yanai:Then is another idea is the "economy," and "the spirit of". I use the word a little difficult, because economics is that of money. Since the company is an organization, do you have properly raise the profits of course. Well because "I'm not just be good that? It long as profitable," is the idea that another purpose of. This both is that advances in front like a car of two wheels "Pia". Also consider an individual basis, in the wind that the balance of this economy and spirit resistance is to form the individual's personality I think. While clearly whether there is any idea in their own, or proceed to take if the economy and balance. Not always proceed straight to smooth sailing, mountain in the era era there is also a valley, but it is important to have both. While meandering doing monk move forward. In, the company is a collection of such people, the organization is also of course a have a Shakaku, are asked to let look at how we us to examination from such thinking and point of view, because it is our way.

West:What do there is something in common in the six adoption has decided this year?

Yanai:Of course not the beginning not something where people Perfect from, is to continue to incarnation that kind of thinking through the work, I believe that human growth. If there is a common point it is that "those who hold on together."

West:Thank you very much.

"" I do gooder "," easy going "feeling is," in the people who work the original strength have of the "Shibuya"

West:Kusumoto's is "entered from the part-time job, if you are motivated to offer the hope of employees ..." I heard of that was fundamental, that with the adoption of new graduates also began from last year. Philosophy cafe Company's is aimed at, whether that seek talent, Will such look like?

Kusumoto:The neighborhood, which is said from the United States and the Pacific Northwest area of ​​the through Canada, for example, or was NIKE, I think there are companies such as Dattari Google or Apple Computer,. My friend of NY resident, liked these companies as "easy going" or "do gooders". Meaning that it will proceed with the project with the "looseness" certain of that, or playing the work as if it is. Working with Ba' from 9:00 to 5:00, to banquet with everyone from there, not'm feeling like, such as going to Jiwa' To foster a single value in a more network, that kind of team in the American business community in the rise, it's given rise to innovation. Not want to talk of the economy, something like a mood in short have the area, probably "I'm something nice, something like I'm good," inspired the creativity of the people that come and be something more and more new through the community I think that.

West:I see.

Incessantly people coming and going, "Center Gai"

Kusumoto:In, or was of the strange "do gooder", because "easy going" feeling is, I think that it is strength that is inherent in the "people working in Shibuya." In other words, I think I think I there is a thing called "looseness" as benefits. On and cormorant is playing with more work itself rather than selectively used in the off, or played in what would take advantage as it is to work. Able to work 24 hours, whether or not the play for 24 hours in other words, you can work with a sense of fun. There is a Do not wonder important.

West:Or cafe Company Mr., you have a chance of being a talk to employees such a concept from Kusumoto's?

Kusumoto:Atsukurushiku.

West:そうですか(笑) 

"We are proud of you."

West:But I now want to hear about the unique personnel system, to employees Mr. Pia is raising the achievement Good luck, but is that Irassharu been introduced a reward system called "The PIA Award", this effect, you please tell me the idea.

Yanai:This award Maybe we achieved a major goal, Maybe you created a new commodity, Maybe you do only this business improvement, but to recognize such a person, to the bottom of this award of citation, "We are proud of you in English It is it is written. " This means that we, and I am proud of you. Idea is basic because the people who were doing things of content, such as seems to pride from everyone, be honored at the employee everyone.

West:"We are proud of you," is, I think that it is very symbolic words.

"" When I say human force training course ", but it is something star Fei stallion like a image"

West:On the other hand, Mr. Kusumoto looks so I just started a "human force training course".

Kusumoto:I agree. Of which is I do not have any at the manual. I'm making again and again, something different. After creating over half a year hard, if you are already obsolete, it does not fit the actual situation about making If you make. It is it about the speed era of change, 10 years, without something subsequent five-year rule .... Personal power than the rule in the cafe Company, each of us feel sensibility, tenderness, energy is, we put the intrinsic value to those of such person. But is something star Fei stallion like a image in words and say "human force training course" Nante myself, not'm kind of skill up course, "I wonder what kind of things do I live" more generically, or through "work I thought I'd like to think while listening to the story of senior things like that Kana "can grow in what way.

West:Do you what it is come?

Kusumoto:The first time, we received your appearance's in Suedai for the athlete. Although the cafe is a completely different field, because people of words that thorough investigation is it because you have the very force. Since the essence theory in simple words is hidden, Do you give me to feel such a thing, even a little, and I think.

West:Do you it is opened in how much the frequency of.

Kusumoto:Once a month.

West:By the way, the next guest?

Kusumoto:Mr. Toshiyuki Konishi copywriter in my friend. The next I think that I might let you do the first writing of the New Year to the embroidery of the calligrapher.

From "Shibuya × work" job seeker's position

"" Was really troubled, troubled, if you try, if the result of thought and try ", Toka suddenly or entrepreneurship"

West:Now recent employment from Nakamura, but I think that if Ukagaere work select circumstances, as the trend of "enterprise side, now, it is said that it is a time when students are 100 companies entry. The company accuracy is higher by people there is also a feeling that I think we become easier also selection with us to apply. on the other hand, values ​​of those seeking work even though diversified, an increasing number of people who can see with your own eyes are. as a result I think we've been born a chance to think seriously in some perspective, "said Nakamura-san is saying. Since also come pretty young person today, can you tell us the thinking of Nakamura.

Nakamura:Of 10 years ago at a time of my own job hunting, but it was so, since the era that she can easily entry on the net now, I think I'm the person to the 100 companies entry actually are. But 100 companies entry After trying to figure out the company enough to think physically impossible, even when viewed from the side of the company to adopt, difficult to stop the greater the number the number of entries. Where companies and people are linked by mutual affection is, examples such as become get separated in the muddy stream of the enormous amount of information you feel like going on a lot. The bubble period, or we were treated to roast the job seekers to the person in charge of the company, also heard talk that was or asked to take me to travel. On the other hand, now is the minute it is difficult to employment compared with the kind of era, and I wonder if job hunting has become an opportunity to stare at myself. This opportunity "was really troubled, troubled, if you try, if you try," the result of thought, if Umarere also those who are big business-oriented, also born who plan suddenly entrepreneurs. That of their own in the era that very possibility in the sense of opportunity is born to think seriously, it is thought that or not it it in my interesting.

West:Precisely because such environment, it is that it does not do to be consider a lot of things really.

Nakamura:That's right. First, I think with their own eyes. Just Then because you may not know and do not like to work after all, especially young people who are often also be aware of the fact that "there is nothing now of his own." In the work Department Store has taken the stance that it provides information to the wind that "I like this for good," "I there is this kind of is." I Toka in order to embody vague "What you want to do" little by little will hear the story of various people, Toka I am looking at the work department, and I thought it necessary to increase the vocabulary to do so, the vocabulary become hint to organize your thoughts, it is well that kind of talk.

West:And you are watching the TV, after all large companies it is very to receive a lot, I'm magnification is amazing. On the other hand, small and medium-sized companies to or was still low magnification, it has been good news of poor balance. What about actual condition of the neighborhood?

Nakamura:But is before me at work department did not have the application, if there is that suddenly the applicant after the posted increases, I feel has not been again matching is possible. Although the students have a squeeze and job hunting in large companies it is not forced to feel a sense of stagnation, because there full of still interesting job in the world, I want you to also look at such a place.